22 January 2012

Love Catcher Craft

For Christmas, I had Bekah as my un-secret Santa.  I knew that they didn't want anything that they would have to move since they just had their cars jam packed on their way to Oregon so I decided to get her a "membership" to my craft of the month club where I send her a craft to do every month.  This month I sent her a little thing to make for Valentine's Day called a Love Catcher.  I saw a tutorial on Etsy where they made dream catchers using doily's.  I thought it was kinda fun so I would put it on here.

LOVE CATCHER

Supplies
Large metal ring
Doily
String
Heart template
Red paint
Brush

HOW TO:
1. Wrap the ring with string.  There are a few ways to do this.  You can wrap the string using a Lark’s Head macramé knot there is a good VIDEO online at that shows how to do it.  The other option would be to just tightly wrap the hoop with string and hot glue the ends.












2. Tie the doily to the ring so that it is centered in the ring.It does not matter if it is very tight.
 
 3. Using another long single piece of string, thread it through the outside of the doily.

 4. Cut the strings that were originally tied to hold the doily and adjust the strings so that the doily is circular and centered.
 5. Using the heart stencil and paint, stamp a heart onto the doily.
 6.  Tie a string and hang it up to catch some love!

1 comment:

  1. I think the "craft of the month" club is a cute idea for a present. It's way better than jam of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete